A decade after the game’s launch, Minecraft has finally added a tenth type of wood to the game, and it’s truly unique. We are talking about a brand-new family of bamboo wood in Minecraft. They have a special method of craftsmanship and even some special features. There are no limits to your creativity when using bamboo wood.
How to Find Bamboo Wood in Minecraft (2022)
What is Bamboo Wood in Minecraft
Bamboo wood is the tenth type of wood in the game and will be available for everyone to use in the Minecraft 1.20 update. It has a texture that looks similar to real-world dry bamboo. Bamboo feels fresh and unique when compared to other types of wood. Instead of just being a different color, bamboo wood also has a long straight line on its face, which is perfect for creating seamless patterns in Minecraft house construction.
Where Does Bamboo Wood Spawn
Unlike other types of wood, bamboo wood is not harvested from a tree. Instead, you have to use bamboo pieces to build new blocks, which are already part of the game. Therefore, bamboo wood blocks do not occur naturally in the world of Minecraft.
Meanwhile, as for bamboo, you can find them growing within the larger forest biome. They take over small areas of forests and convert them into bamboo forests. This is also the biome where pandas usually spawn in Minecraft. If you want to be ruthless, you can kill pandas to drop bamboo. However, we recommend using the design of the sugarcane farm to easily harvest large quantities of bamboo.
How to Make Bamboo Wood in Minecraft
The maximum simple detail of any form of wooden is the plywood block. This is likewise wherein bamboo begins. So let’s examine the crafting recipe for the brand-new bamboo wood block in Minecraft.
To make a bamboo plank block, you want to place 4 portions of bamboo at the crafting table. The bamboo ought to shape a 2 x 2 square (region them after every other, as you could see above). Extending this logic, you could get sixteen bamboo planks from a complete pile of bamboo (sixty-four items).
How to Use Bamboo Wood in Minecraft
Now that you know how to make bamboo plank, everything else is a piece of cake. You can use the bamboo wood in Minecraft to make the following items with existing wood recipes:
- Stairs: crafted by placing six bamboo planks in a staircase pattern
- Slab: crafted by placing three planks horizontally next to each other
- Fence: created by surrounding two sticks with four bamboo planks
- Fence Gate: created by reversing the arrangement of a fence’s recipe
- Door: crafted by filling two adjacent columns with bamboo planks
- Trapdoor: crafted by filling two adjacent rows with bamboo planks
- Sign: created by filling two adjacent rows with bamboo planks and putting a stick below the middle cell
- Button: crafted by placing a bamboo plank in the crafting area
- Pressure Plate: created by placing two bamboo planks in adjacent columns
- Raft: same crafting recipe as boats in Minecraft; crafted by combining 5 bamboo planks in a hollow semi-square
- Raft With a Chest: a combination of a chest with a raft
Not to forget, bamboo wood also has a set of special exclusive blocks under the name of bamboo mosaics. So let’s look at how to make bamboo mosaic in the next section.
What is Bamboo Mosaic in Minecraft
Bamboo Mosaic is a wooden building block that you can create using only bamboo. It works like other building blocks in the wood family, but its structure is continuously wrapped. Now, let’s go over crafting each bamboo mosaic block in Minecraft:
Bamboo Mosaic Block
1. First, we need to make bamboo slabs. For that, place three bamboo planks in the middle row (or any other row) to get six bamboo slabs.
2. Then, place two bamboo slabs vertically anywhere in the crafting area (see diagram below). Well, doing so will create a bamboo mosaic block.
3. Bamboo Mosaic Slabs
With that, you are now ready to craft and use all bamboo wood items in Minecraft. They will fit well with most Minecraft house ideas, and you can even use them to create new types of villages in the game. Who knows, they may someday lead to the Lost Villages of the Jungle, which is one of the speculations of the Minecraft 1.20 update. But leaving it up to the developers, how do you plan to use these new bamboo woods in Minecraft? Let us know in the comments below!