Google recently released monthly incremental updates for Pixel phones. Finally google Google rolls out security update November for Pixel phones. The new update goes live for all eligible models, including the newly released Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro. This month’s incremental upgrade bumps Pixel phones with some bug fixes, improvements and a new monthly security patch. If you own a Pixel 4a or newer model, read on to find out all the details about the latest software update.
This month’s release addresses the battery drain issue on the Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, and Pixel 6a. While if you have a newer Pixel 7 or Pixel 7 Pro, updating to this build will fix the green flickering display issue, the Photos app crashing issue, and display power consumption issues. There will also be optimization for
Following previous trends, Google officially shared the release notes and details on the Pixel support page. And according to the details, the update is labeled TP1A.221105.002 for Pixel 4a, 4a 5G, Pixel 5, 5a 5G, Pixel 6, 6a, and Pixel 6 Pro. While the Pixel 7 and 7 Pro received the update with build number TD1A.221105.001, if you own Verizon’s carrier-locked model in the US, the firmware version is TD1A.221105.003.
Let’s take a look at the release notes that come with the new update.
Google Pixel November 2022 update – What’s New
- The November 2022 update includes bug fixes and improvements for Pixel users – see below for details.
- Battery & Charging
- Fix for issue causing increased power consumption while certain apps installed [Pixel 6, Pixel 6a, Pixel 6 Pro]
- Display & Graphics
- Fix for issue occasionally causing green display flicker in in certain conditions [Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro]
- Optimizations for display power consumption to improve thermal performance in certain conditions [Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro]
- Fix for issue occasionally causing Photos app to crash when using certain editing features [Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro]
If you own a Pixel 4a or newer model, you can update your phone to a newer version. The update is rolling out in a phased manner, you will receive an OTA notification when the November 2022 update is available on your device, you can download the update by tapping on it or by going to Settings > System > Advanced > can install by going to system update. New software.
Additionally, you can manually install the November 2022 update on your Google Pixel phone by sideloading the update. Factory images and OTA files of the September update are already available. But be sure to back up before sideloading new software.